Tuesday, October 17, 2006

moggytales

Done and dusted!

Well, Amsterdam is all over now. 3:34:49, which was not too bad, all things considered, like, erm, the complete lack of any focused training recently after my WHW escapade. I x 10 Miler race, a 10K and several runs home from work with a daysac does not a structured training programme make! And now my legs are sore and I have a cold, which was starting before I left and I suppose being run down during the race has made it worse. A curry and a Sicilian red last night seemed to have cured it but to no avail. Feel like crap this morning, despite the universal cure all of a Lemsip. Boo hiss. Consequently I'm not in the mood for work, if I ever was this week. What to do?

Still, time to focus on the next big run - 50 Miler in California in April. That's going to be fun, I think. 24 week training programme, and need to get it right. Not much room for error there.

Off to get my haircut tonight - Kevin in Victoria no less. Something needs to be done and he is the man to do it, apparently. Recommended by a lady friend, and I like her hair so hopefully he can do something for me. Then some more red? What do I think? Quite probably! Might even treat myself to an early bed, after done the hoovering and what not. God, do I know how to live! Please, please, someone rescue me!