Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Blessed are they with wi-fi...

...particularly at the end of a stressful evening of arguing with your flatmate about the whys and wherefores of life and all that nonsense. You know, it's one of them things, who do you think would turn up at your funeral, and if you were there, what would you say to them? Who was it that published their own obit just to find that out? Can't remember, but the joy of wi-fi is that I can sit here in bed and ponder that sort of stuff.

My country is Kiltartan Cross
My countrymen Kiltarten's poor,
No likely end could bring them loss
Nor leave them happier than before

So, 44, lingering on in a room the size of a postage stamp. Has it come to this? I am minded to get some more tattoos, more stars to symbolise change, a tear for the price. Another night, another arguement, another semi-reconciliation, back and forth. But it was a great day today. Work was good, felt right at home, knew what I was doing, everything was within my capabilities, and after last night, the way forward was clear. Need to take it a bit gentle, but felt pretty happy.

And the above question? Who would I need there? L1, L2, D, K, ST. L3. Start with you, L1. We had so much, I believed in you, in what you said, the ideas you had, the potential that you thought I had but never elucidated. And then, at the exact moment when I was about to step off the precipice, you said no, can't be bothered with this anymore, in fact, recently I've been on a couple of flights and blokes have spoken to me, so clearly that is the way forward, flights that is, for meeting people, so I'm off. And that trip to Stuttgart that I invited you on - you can forget about that. And the trip we have booked together to go to London just after Christmas? I'm still going on it, but I'm getting a different room and you're not allowed to mention the L word or anything like that, even though we are going to spend a week together, ok? Cheers for that.

The others? Another time perhaps. L3 - thank you. Not going to tell you anything, not going to drag you into it, lets start afresh, have some fun. Please?

Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backwards
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

Night